• 1 lemon, sliced
• Salt and pepper as needed
• 1 cup diced plum tomato
• 1/2 cup red onion julienne
• 1 scallion, split and sliced thinly on the diagonal
• 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, or as needed
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1/2 tsp minced jalapeño, or to taste
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp lime juice, or as needed
• 12 Belgian endive spears
1. Trim the stems, leaves, and choke from the artichokes. Place the hearts in a small pot with enough water to generously cover. Add the lemon slices and salt to taste. Bring the water to a simmer over high heat.. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the artichoke hearts are very tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool the hearts and slice thinly or quarter.
2. Toss together the artichokes, tomato, red onion, scallion, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeño. Drizzle the olive oil and lime juice over the ceviche and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss until the ingredients are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and marinate the ceviche in the refrigerator for at least 2, and up to 12, hours.
3. Taste the ceviche just before serving and season with additional cilantro, lime juice, coarsely ground black pepper, and salt to taste. Spoon the ceviche into the endive spears and serve on a chilled platter or plates.
Related recipes to Artichoke Ceviche, Belgian Endive
Vegetarian Roast Vege Lasagna Recipe
Prepare lasagne according to package directions. While lasagne is cooking, heat oven to 425° F....
Avocado Parmesan Potato Bowls Recipe
Cook bacon until crisp, crumble and set aside. Place potatoes in large saucepan, adding enough...
Jalapenos, Grilled Pepper Poppers Recipe
Mix dipping sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate.Fry bacon, drain,...
Asparagus Crostini Recipe
:1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.2. To make the crostini: Brush both sides of each slice of bread...
Grilled Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
In a sauce pan melt butter. Add remaining ingredients and mix well until warm. Pour marinade over...