• 4 plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices
• 8 small pita pocket breads (4-inch diameter), cut in half, warmed
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
• 3 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
In small bowl, combine Yogurt Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate.
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Divide beef mixture into 16 equal portions; shape into patties 2 inches in diameter.
Place patties on rack in broiler pan. Bake in oven 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
To serve, place equal amounts of beef and tomato in each pita half; top with yogurt sauce.
- Visits: 94
- Reviews: 4 stars according to 1 voters
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks Recipe
Related recipes to Beef Gyros Appetizer
Creamy Cheddar Spread Recipe
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients; process until smooth. (Alternatively, use electric...
Spicy Thai Satay Dip Recipe
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate. 2. Serve with vegetables,...
Edamame Avocado Dip Recipe
1. COOK edamame according to package directions; drain and cool. Transfer to food processor.2....
Asparagus Prosciutto Rolls Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Have bowl of ice water on hand.2. In pot of boiling, salted water,...
Classic Guacamole Recipe
In a large bowl, coarsely mash avocados and combine with lemon juice. Add the remaining...