• 5 beets, peeled, cored, and chopped
• 3 fennel bulbs, cored, stems removed, and chopped
• 8 ounces onions, diced (about 1 large onion)
• 2 ounces carrots, diced (about 1 small carrot)
• 2 ounces celery, diced (about 1 large celery stalk)
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
• 5 to 6 cups chicken stock (low-fat and low-sodium)
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the carrots, celery, garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Add the beets, fennel, ginger, stock, orange juice, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Using a blender, puree the soup adding enough stock to obtain the right consistency. Season to taste and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
The soup may be refrigerated up to 5 days.
The soup may be frozen up to 1 month.
Chicken stock may be substituted with vegetable stock.
- Visits: 39
- Reviews: 3 stars according to 3 voters
- Category: Soups Recipe
Related recipes to Beet and Fennel Soup
Chicken Corn Tortilla Soup Recipe
1. In saucepan, combine chicken breasts and water. Bring to gentle simmer and cook just until set...
Awesome Autumn Stew Recipe
Trim the tenderloins, removing the shiny silver skin and connective tissue (or ask the butcher to...
Cauliflower, Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
1. In large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine onion and oil; cook, stirring,until onion is...
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring,...
Fiesta Beef Soup Recipe
Brown meat with onion, garlic and cumin in 4-quart saucepan; drain. Season to taste with salt and...