• 3/4 oz / 20 g sugar
• 2 tsp / 10 mL baking powder
• 1/4 tsp / 1.25 mL baking soda
• 1/2 tsp / 2.5 mL salt
• 2 tsp / 10 mL crushed black peppercorns
• 1 oz / 30 g butter, cold
• 6 fl oz / 180 mL buttermilk, plus extra for glazing biscuits
• Vegetable oil spray, as needed
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients to form a mealy mixture. Make a well in the butter mixture and add the buttermilk. Slowly incorporate the milk. Do not overmix.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 in / 1 cm thick. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut the dough into 1-oz / 30-g portions. Arrange the biscuits on a sheet pan greased with oil spray. Brush the tops of the biscuits with buttermilk and bake in a 375°F / 190°C oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Related recipes to Black Pepper Biscuits
Great Grandmas Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Preheat oven to 400° F1. Grease a 10x2-inch round pan with butter or margarine.2. Mix the dry...
Quick Rich Cheese Biscuits Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease 12-cup muffin tin or coat with nonstick cooking spray....
Sweet Potato & Blk Pepper Biscuits Recipe
• Preheat oven to 425°F.• In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.• Using pastry...
Cheddar Cream Biscuits Recipe
1. Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 450ºF. Butter baking sheet and set...
Sweet Potato Biscuits, Sugar Crusted Recipe
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick cookie...