• 2 cups red wine, Cabernet
• 1 1/2 cups Madeira
• 2 cups rich veal stock
• 2 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
• 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
• 1 cup finely chopped carrots
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1/4 cup grape seed oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup water
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• Creamy pumpkin polenta (recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
In a large, ovenproof Dutch oven heat oil over high heat until almost smoking.
Season the meat with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Sear meat in hot oil, in batches if necessary, until well browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining onion, carrot and celery to the pan along with the and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are very soft and beginning to caramelize.
Add remaining garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add red wine, Madeira and veal stock. Bring to a boil, skim any foam off top of liquid, and add water, tomato paste, and return to a boil.
Add meat and any accumulated juices, stir well, cover tightly, and place in the oven.
Cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, undisturbed, or until cheeks are very tender.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and serve over hot polenta.
- Visits: 79
- Reviews: 5 stars according to 5 voters
- Category: Veal Recipe
Related recipes to Braised Veal Cheeks, Pumpkin Polenta
Spanish Style Veal Shoulder Recipe
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine pepper strips, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and garlic...
Asian Style Veal Shank w/Gremolata Recipe
Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil, until translucent in medium sauce pot, add milk and cream...
Veal Marsala Over Pasta Recipe
Start by heating the oil in a medium sautee pan.Pound out the Veal to 1/8 in. thick. Dust the...
Veal Meatloaf Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9 x 13-inch pan.2. Combine sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard and...
Grilled Veal Chops, Oregano & Lemon Recipe
Brush veal chops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.Place veal chops on...