• 1 small butternut squash (about 1 pound), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 8-10 fresh (2 to 3-inch) sage leaves, stacked and cut across into ¼-inch strips
• ½ cup 1 percent milk (approximate)
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cooking time20 minutes
Preparation time30 minutes
In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes and squash with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the sage to small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Tilting pan and watching closely, cook about 3 minutes, until butter foams and begins to brown; keep warm.
Thoroughly drain potatoes and squash, return to pan and shake 1 to 2 minutes over low heat.
Roughly mash with hand masher leaving mixture chunky. Over low heat, gently mix in remaining tablespoon butter and enough milk for consistency desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon into serving bowl and drizzle with brown butter and sage.
Per serving: 245 calories, 6 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 10 g total fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 36 mg Vitamin C, 1046 mg potassium.
Related recipes to Browned Butter Smashed Potatoes
Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe
1. In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce...
Crunchy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Roughly tear the...
Avocado and Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
*Do not follow package instructions. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, pan or similar sized oval...
Cumin Coriander Potato Patties Recipe
1. BRING a pan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and boil 15 minutes, or until...
Potatoes, Sweet Soy Dressing Recipe
1. Peel the potatoes, quarter each , and then soak the pieces for a couple of minutes to remove...