• 2 cups boiling water
• 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup raisins, or currants
• 1 large rib celery, finely diced
• 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
• 2 Tbsp. minced chives
• 1 medium apple, unpeeled and finely diced
• juice of half a lemon
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. honey
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• dash of nutmeg
1. Place the bulgur in a heat-proof mixing bowl and pour 2 cups boiling water over it. Cover the bowl and let it stand for 30 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
2. Fluff with a fork.
3. In a serving bowl, combine the walnuts, raisins, celery, sunflower seeds, and chives.
4. Core (but don't peel) the apple and dice it finely. Toss it with the lemon juice in a small bowl.
5. Add apple, along with the rest of the ingredients, to the nut/raisin mixture. Stir well.
6. Stir in the bulgur.
7. Serve at once, or chill until needed.
Related recipes to Bulgur Salad with Fruits and Nuts
Mediterranean Tuna on Toast Recipe
1. MIX juice and mustard in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Cover...
Zesty Green Bean Medley Recipe
1. Add scallions, corn and green beans to skillet and sauté for 3 -4 minutes to heat. 2. Add...
American Style Potato Salad Recipe
Slice the potatoes while they're still warm, sprinkle with half of the vinegar, and set them...
Bulgur, Mediterranean Bulgur Salad Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F.Cover bulgur with 2 cups boiling water, set aside for 30 minutes.In a...
Bulgur, Toasted Corn & Bulgur Salad Recipe
In a large, heavy, dry skillet, toast bulgur over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring...