• 1½ teaspoons salt
• 1 (1½ pounds) medium celery root, peeled
• 2 Fuji apples
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley Dijon Dressing
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons boiling water
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time4 hours 20 minutes
1. Stir together the lemon Juice and salt in a small dish and let sit until the salt is dissolved. Coarsely grate the celery root and immediately drizzle the salted lemon juice over, tossing to mix well. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse the celery root under cold water, squeeze in your hands to remove most of the water, and dry well with paper towels.
2. For the dressing, put the mustard in a medium bowl. Slowly add the boil- ing water, whisking gently. Add the oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly, to form a thick, creamy dressing. Whisk in the vinegar with pepper to taste.
3. Place the celery root in a large bowl and fold in the dressing until evenly blended. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
4. Shortly before serving, peel, core, and coarsely grate the apples. Stir them into the salad, arrange on individual plates, and top with a sprinkling of parsley.
Related recipes to Celery Root & Apple Salad
Bulgur, Mediterranean Bulgur Salad Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F.Cover bulgur with 2 cups boiling water, set aside for 30 minutes.In a...
Mediterranean Tuna on Toast Recipe
1. MIX juice and mustard in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Cover...
Bulgur, Toasted Corn & Bulgur Salad Recipe
In a large, heavy, dry skillet, toast bulgur over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring...
American Style Potato Salad Recipe
Slice the potatoes while they're still warm, sprinkle with half of the vinegar, and set them...
Zesty Green Bean Medley Recipe
1. Add scallions, corn and green beans to skillet and sauté for 3 -4 minutes to heat. 2. Add...