• 1/2-3/4 cup half-and-half or milk
• 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, cut into small pieces
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper or 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 1/2 cups grated Cabot Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar* (about 10 ounces)
Cooking time20 minutes
Preparation time1 hour
1. In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain steady simmer, partially cover pan and cook until potatoes are very tender when pierced with skewer, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
2. Heat half-and-half or milk in small saucepan or microwave.
3. In large bowl, mash potatoes with potato ricer or masher. Add butter, salt and pepper.
4. A few tablespoons at a time, vigorously stir in enough of hot half-and-half or milk to make potatoes fluffy but not soupy. Stir in cheese. (If potatoes have cooled too much, re-heat in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or cover and set over pan of barely simmering water for up to 30 minutes.)
Related recipes to Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Latkes, Nancys Potato Latkes Recipe
1. Shred the potatoes, zucchini, sweet potato, garlic, and onions together in a food processor.2....
Cumin Coriander Potato Patties Recipe
1. BRING a pan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and boil 15 minutes, or until...
Avocado and Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
*Do not follow package instructions. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, pan or similar sized oval...
Crunchy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Roughly tear the...
Potatoes, Sweet Soy Dressing Recipe
1. Peel the potatoes, quarter each , and then soak the pieces for a couple of minutes to remove...