• 1 tablespoon salt (for the cooking water), plus salt to taste if desired
• 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
• 2 - 3 tablespoons curry powder
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
• 1/4 cup mango chutney
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 4 green onions, including the white and green parts, thinly sliced
• 3 cups (about 1 pound) seedless red grapes cut in half
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chopped toasted California walnuts
• 12 or more leaves butter or red leaf lettuce
• 12 or more orange slices or wedges
Preparation time10 minutes
To cook the chicken, in a large pan bring the water and salt to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken, and then reduce the heat and cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes; the water should simmer gently, not boil hard. Remove from heat and set aside for about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid and, as soon as it is cool enough to handle, cut it into bite-sized pieces about 1/2-inch across. You will have 6 - 7 cups chicken, more or less. Set aside.
To make the dressing, in a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, cumin, mustard, pepper, chutney. Add the grapes, parsley, green onion, walnuts and chicken pieces. Stir and toss with a large spoon to coat everything evenly with the dressing. Taste the salad, and add more curry powder, and salt to taste, if you wish. Place each serving of salad on a lettuce leaf and garnish with an orange slice or two.
Related recipes to Curry Chicken Salad with Walnuts
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
Heat chicken strips in microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds.Top lettuce with chicken, beans,...
Chicken & Peanut Salad In A Pita Recipe
Mix first four ingredients until well blended. Add chicken and vegetables and refrigerate 1 to 4...
Asian Chicken & Broccoli Slaw Recipe
1. COMBINE mustard, dressing, juice and ginger in large bowl. 2. STIR in broccoli slaw, chicken...
Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens Recipe
:1. Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry. 2. Place the hens in a 15 x 10-inch baking pan. 3....
Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry Recipe
1. Cut chicken into three-quarter inch cubes; toss chicken evenly with curry powder2. Heat oil in...