~ 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
~ 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
~ 1 teaspoon baking soda
~ 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
~ 1/4 teaspoon salt
~ 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
~ 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
~ 1/2 cup molasses
~ 1 egg
~ 1/4 cup granulated sugar
~ 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
~ 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
~ 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
~ 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
1. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Beat 3/4 cup of the butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
4. Mix marshmallow cream, remaining 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese and extract in medium bowl until well blended. Place about 1 tablespoon filling on the flat side of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie, pressing gently to spread the filling. Repeat with remaining cookies. Roll edge of cookies in crushed candy. Store whoopie pies between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Visits: 91
- Reviews: 5 stars according to 5 voters
- Category: Cookies Recipe
Related recipes to Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
Moon Pie Cookies Recipe
1. Cream the butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment of your mixer. Add the salt,...
Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe
1. Mix flour, oats, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter;...
Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.1. Mix the two cups flour and 3/4 cups powdered sugar together in...
Whole Wheat Raisin Cookies Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F.In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat all ingredients until...
Lemon Clove Cookies Recipe
:1. Mix flour, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in...