• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup coarsely chopped and/or yellow bell pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 of a small fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 4 4-ounce fresh or frozen halibut steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• Chinese (Napa) cabbage leaves (optional)
Cooking time10 minutes
Preparation time30 minutes
1. For pepper salsa, in a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. In another small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the vinegar mixture and the black pepper; set aside. To the remaining vinegar mixture, add bell pepper, cucumber, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and sesame oil; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving time or up to 1 hour.
2. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush steaks with the reserved 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (If steaks are 1 inch thick, turn once halfway through broiling.) If desired, line serving plates with cabbage leaves. Place fish on cabbage leaves and serve with pepper salsa.
*Note: Because hot chile peppers contain oils that can burn your skin and eyes, wear rubber or plastic gloves when working with them. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Related recipes to Halibut with Pepper Salsa
Crispy Lemon Fish Fillets Recipe
1. Place French Fried Onions, lemon zest and garlic in plastic bag. Crush onions with hands or...
Striped Bass, Pan Roasted Recipe
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dry the fillets thoroughly with paper ...
Flounder Rolls, Kosher Parve Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350. Sautee onions in oil until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and...
Tuna, Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
1. MIX juice and mustard in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Cover...
Salt Fish Fritters (Stamp & Go) Recipe
1. Mix the prepared salt fish with the rest of the finely chopped seasonings. Mix the baking...