• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
• 1 3 1/2-pound whole roasting chicken
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Cooking time1 hour
Preparation time2 hours
1. In a small bowl combine garlic and herbs. Sprinkle chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Rub the inside cavity of the chicken with one-third of the herb mixture.
2. Starting at the opening by the leg and thigh, carefully slide your fingertips between the breast meat and the skin to loosen the skin from the meat. Rub the remaining herb mixture between the breast meat and skin and all over the outside of the chicken. With 100% cotton string, tie the ends of the legs together. Twist wing tips under back. Cover and chill the chicken for 1 to 24 hours.
3. Place chicken, breast side down, on a rack set in a shallow roasting pan. Brush oil on the outside of the chicken. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into center of an inside thigh muscle.
4. Roast in a 450° oven for 15 minutes; turn chicken breast side up and reduce the oven temperature to 350°. Continue roasting for 50 to 60 minutes more or until drumsticks move easily in their sockets and chicken is no longer pink (180°F). Remove chicken from oven. Cover chicken with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. While carving, carefully remove and discard the skin of the chicken.
Related recipes to Herb Roasted Chicken
Chicken & Peanut Salad In A Pita Recipe
Mix first four ingredients until well blended. Add chicken and vegetables and refrigerate 1 to 4...
Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens Recipe
:1. Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry. 2. Place the hens in a 15 x 10-inch baking pan. 3....
Asian Chicken & Broccoli Slaw Recipe
1. COMBINE mustard, dressing, juice and ginger in large bowl. 2. STIR in broccoli slaw, chicken...
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
Heat chicken strips in microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds.Top lettuce with chicken, beans,...
Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry Recipe
1. Cut chicken into three-quarter inch cubes; toss chicken evenly with curry powder2. Heat oil in...