• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
• 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
Cooking time10 minutes
Preparation time20 minutes
1. Mix flour, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon extract; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
2. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches long. Wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
4. For the Lemon Glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, water and lemon extract in small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
Related recipes to Lemon Clove Cookies
Whole Wheat Raisin Cookies Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F.In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat all ingredients until...
Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.1. In a large pan on the stovetop, melt the butter over low heat....
Moon Pie Cookies Recipe
1. Cream the butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment of your mixer. Add the salt,...
Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.1. Mix the two cups flour and 3/4 cups powdered sugar together in...
Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe
1. Mix flour, oats, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter;...