• 4 cups purified water
• 1 pound firm tofu, cubed
• 1 bunch scallions, diced
• 1 cup whole shiitake mushrooms, destemmed
• 1/4 cup snow pea pods
• 1/4 cup cabbage, shredded
• 1/2 teaspoon hot (spicy) sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
• 1/2 teaspoon red chili peppers, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 tablespoons brown rice miso
Cooking time15 minutes
Preparation time35 minutes
1. Push carrots through the juicer.
2. In a large saucepan, combine carrot juice, water, tofu, scallions, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, cabbage, hot and toasted sesame oils, garlic, parsley, ginger, chili peppers, and turmeric, and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, dissolve the miso in the mixture, and stir well.*
5. Serve hot with whole grain bread.
*Chefs Note: Never simmer miso; always add miso to a recipe after the cooking process is done. There are several types of miso available; experiment and use the one you like the best.
Related recipes to Miso Tofu Vegetable Soup
Cauliflower, Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
1. In large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine onion and oil; cook, stirring,until onion is...
Fiesta Beef Soup Recipe
Brown meat with onion, garlic and cumin in 4-quart saucepan; drain. Season to taste with salt and...
Awesome Autumn Stew Recipe
Trim the tenderloins, removing the shiny silver skin and connective tissue (or ask the butcher to...
Chicken Corn Tortilla Soup Recipe
1. In saucepan, combine chicken breasts and water. Bring to gentle simmer and cook just until set...
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring,...