Cooking time12 minutes
Preparation time32 minutes
1. Cream the butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment of your mixer. Add the salt, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Melt the chips, add them to the mixture, and combine.
2. Add the flour and baking soda and beat until combined.
3. Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes to firm up slightly.
4. Divide the dough into two portions. Using wax paper, roll each portion into logs 1 3/4-inches in diameter. Refrigerate for two hours or until firm.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cut cookies into slices just thicker than 3/8 inch. Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until the cookies are done. Cool on a wire rack.
For the filling:
• 2 cups marshmallow cream
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 6 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, beat the ingredients until fluffy.
Spread the filling on half of the cookies and top with remaining cookies.
Baker's note: Store in a cool place or refrigerate. If the filling becomes too warm, it will turn too soft.
Related recipes to Moon Pie Cookies
Whole Wheat Raisin Cookies Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F.In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat all ingredients until...
Lemon Clove Cookies Recipe
:1. Mix flour, cloves and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in...
Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars Recipe
1. Mix flour, oats, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter;...
Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.1. Mix the two cups flour and 3/4 cups powdered sugar together in...
Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.1. In a large pan on the stovetop, melt the butter over low heat....