• 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper or pimiento
• 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon capers, drained and chopped
• 1 teaspoon Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound jumbo or lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
• 6 (6-7 ounce) rockfish fillets, skin removed
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Olive oil
• 1 egg,beaten
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Cooking time15 minutes
Preparation time30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and sauté until soft. Set aside.
2. Combine 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise, the mustard, Worcestershire, capers, Old Bay, Tabasco, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the cooked bell peppers and mushrooms. Add the crabmeat and toss gently. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Season both sides of the rockfish fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet until it is very hot and lightly coat the bottom with olive oil. Place the fillets flesh side down in the skillet and sear for 1 minute over medium heat. Turn the fish over and sear the other side for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and turn over the fish once again. Distribute the crabmeat mixture evenly over the fillets.
4. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the imperial topping: Combine the egg, the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, the parsley, and a pinch of paprika in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Remove the skillet from the oven and top the crabmeat mixture with the imperial topping. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F. Return the skillet to the oven and bake the fillets for 3 to 5 minutes longer, until lightly browned. Remove the rockfish from the oven and serve immediately.
Related recipes to Rockfish Imperial
Ceviche, Classic Ceviche Recipe
1. Place the fish in a glass container. Combine the lime juice, salt, and sugar and pour over the...
Carolina Crab Cakes Remoulade Recipe
1. WHISK egg with mayonnaise, Frank's RedHot Sauce and mustard in large bowl. Stir in...
Sackem Shrimp Recipe
Rinse shrimp and place in a gallon size GLAD
Cornmeal Crusted Scallops Recipe
1. Soak and cook black beans and lima beans as directed on package until tender. Drain and set...
Thyme Seared Scallops w/Salad Recipe
TOSS grapefruit segments and avocado slices in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon...