• 3 spring onions, chopped, use white and green parts
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 targe plum tomato, de-seeded and chopped finely
• 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, de-seeded and chopped finely, or a few dashes of hot pepper sauce
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 cup plain flour
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1/4 cup water
• about 1/4 cup oil, for shallow-frying
Cooking time20 minutes
Preparation time1 hour
1. Mix the prepared salt fish with the rest of the finely chopped seasonings. Mix the baking powder with the flour and then add the salt fish mixture and mix together evenly. Stir in the beaten egg.
2. Little by little, add the milk or cold water until you have a lumpy batter.
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet and add the annatto to colour it, if using.
4. Drop batter by the spoonful into the skillet of hot oil. Fry and turn when just golden brown. Remove from pan with a slotted spatula and drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
Cook's tip: Crab fritters are a more delicate fritter. Substitute for the salt fish 8 oz crabmeat, flaked.
Related recipes to Salt Fish Fritters (Stamp & Go)
Tuna, Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
1. MIX juice and mustard in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Cover...
Striped Bass, Pan Roasted Recipe
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dry the fillets thoroughly with paper ...
Crispy Lemon Fish Fillets Recipe
1. Place French Fried Onions, lemon zest and garlic in plastic bag. Crush onions with hands or...
Flounder Rolls, Kosher Parve Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350. Sautee onions in oil until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and...
Fish Fillets with Mango Salsa Recipe
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 5 minutes...