• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated 50% reduced-fat Cabot sharp cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 ounce 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
• 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
• 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, whisking frequently. Reduce heat and add cream cheese, stirring until well blended. Gradually whisk in 1 cup cheddar and salt, stirring until well blended.
Toss sauce with hot pasta and cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and seasoning; serve immediately.
Related recipes to Shrimp and Pasta Cheddar Alfredo
Fettuccine Bolognese Recipe
Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.In the meantime, heat the oil in a large...
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
1. Bring 1 cup of the heavy cream and the butter to a simmer in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over...
Fettuccine with Lemon & Tomato Recipe
1. For the topping, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion,...
Fettuccine with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
Heat the oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook,...
Fettuccine with Melted Brie & Tomatoes Recipe
Take the Brie out of the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking, if possible - otherwise,...