• 1 1/2 cups prepared thick and chunky salsa
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted
• 8 small flour tortillas
• 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
Cooking time10 minutes
Preparation time20 minutes
In a medium bowl, combine salsa, cilantro and lime juice.
In a second bowl, combine 1/2-cup of the salsa mixture, beans and corn. Set aside remaining salsa mixture.
Layer 4 tortillas with 1 1/2 Tbsp. cheese, 2 Tbsp. salsa mixture and evenly distribute beef between each of 4 tortillas.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tbsp. more cheese over meat on each tortilla and top each with a plain tortilla. Spray tops with non-stick cooking spray.
Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
Using a spatula place 1 quesadilla in skillet. Heat 2-3 minutes, until cheese just begins to melt and bottom of tortilla is lightly toasted.
Carefully turn quesadilla with spatula. Heat second side 2-3 minutes.
Repeat to cook each quesadilla.
Cut into wedges and serve with remaining salsa mixture.
Related recipes to Skillet Quesadillas
Edamame Avocado Dip Recipe
1. COOK edamame according to package directions; drain and cool. Transfer to food processor.2....
Spicy Thai Satay Dip Recipe
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate. 2. Serve with vegetables,...
Classic Guacamole Recipe
In a large bowl, coarsely mash avocados and combine with lemon juice. Add the remaining...
Creamy Cheddar Spread Recipe
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients; process until smooth. (Alternatively, use electric...
Asparagus Prosciutto Rolls Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Have bowl of ice water on hand.2. In pot of boiling, salted water,...