• 2 tablespoons sherry, port, or other fortified wine
• 1 large lettuce, torn, or about 12 cups mixed salad leaves
• 2 oz blue Stilton, crumbled
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
For the cinnamon dressing
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
• 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Tabasco, salt, and pepper, to taste
Cooking time5 minutes
Preparation time20 minutes
1. Put the dried cherries into a small container, cover with the sherry or port and set aside to plump up - if you can leave them for a few hours, so much the better.
2. To make the dressing, beat together the olive oil, raspberry vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, and several drops of Tabasco - enough to give it a good kick - and some salt and pepper.
3. Put the lettuce or salad leaves into a bowl with the Stilton, almonds, and cherries, together with any of their liquid that remains. Drizzle over the cinnamon dressing and toss gently. Serve at once.
Related recipes to Stilton & Cherry Salad, Cinnamon
Blueberry Tortilla Pizza Recipe
Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and confectioners sugar; set aside. In...
Berries and Zabaglione Recipe
Divide berries between four 8-ounce dessert dishes or stemmed glasses.Fill the bottom of a double...
Papaya & Watermelon Soup Recipe
1. Place papaya, watermelon, coconut water, lime juice, jalapeño, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the...
Sweet Mango Dessert Tamales Recipe
:Remove husks from water and pat dry.In a medium bowl beat together masa, butter, brown sugar,...
Banana Berry Jumble Recipe
Combine all ingredients in a large non-stick skillet. Cook on medium-high heat just until...