• 6 egg yolks
• 1½ cups sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3¼ cups mascarpone cheese
• 3 egg whites
• 1 cup espresso
• 1/2 cup Kahlua
• 48 ladyfingers
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Cooking time30 minutes
Preparation time2 hours
1. Whip the egg, egg yolks, i cup of the sugar, and the vanilla together in a large stainless steel bowl over simmering water for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the volume nearly doubles and the mixture becomes a light lemon yellow.
2. Transfer the egg and sugar mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until the mixture has cooled to room temperature, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the mascarpone and blend on low speed until very smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to blend evenly.
3. Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar in a clean bowl to medium-stiff peaks, about 5 to 6 minutes. Fold the beaten egg whites into the mascarpone mixture in two additions. Refrigerate until needed.
4. Combine the espresso and Kahlua to make a syrup. Place a layer of ladyfingers in a 2½-quart bowl. Moisten the ladyfingers well with the syrup and dust evenly with cocoa powder. Top with a 1- inch thick layer of the mascarpone filling. Repeat layering in this sequence until the bowl is full, ending with a layer of filling.
5. Dust the entire surface of the cake with cocoa power and powdered sugar. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Related recipes to Tiramisu, Classic Tiramisu
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch...
Pumpkin Cheesecake, Vegetarian Recipe
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Coat the 9 or 10-inch...
Blueberry Sauce Recipe
In a saucepan, blend the cornstarch and 1 tbsp water, then add sugar, salt, and remaining water....
Citrus Cheesecake Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 300º F. 2. Prepare the crust: Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking...
Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
1. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until...