• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 2 teaspoons coarse salt
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
• 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
• 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
• 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Cooking time1 hour
Preparation time1 hour
1. In a 6-quart Dutch oven or other large, heavy pan, combine the milk, cream, salt, rosemary, garlic, and pepper. Place over medium heat and heat, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan. Add the Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes, stir to coat with the milk mixture, and simmer gently, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, until the potatoes are partially cooked. Remove from the heat.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Rub the butter over the bottom and sides of a 2-quart gratin dish.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer half of the potatoes to the gratin dish. Sprinkle with half each of the Gruyere, Cheddar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses. Add the remaining potatoes. Use 2 forks to arrange the top layer of potatoes in a slightly overlapping design, evenly distributing the different-colored potatoes. Ladle the hot cream mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with all of the remaining cheeses.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer or the tip of a knife and the gratin is bubbling and golden.
5. Let the gratin rest for 10 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into squares and transfer to individual plates with a square spatula or server.
Related recipes to Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato Gratin
Crunchy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Roughly tear the...
Avocado and Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
*Do not follow package instructions. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, pan or similar sized oval...
Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe
1. In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce...
Potatoes, Sweet Soy Dressing Recipe
1. Peel the potatoes, quarter each , and then soak the pieces for a couple of minutes to remove...
Cumin Coriander Potato Patties Recipe
1. BRING a pan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and boil 15 minutes, or until...